Financial Information

Preliminary/Unaudited Financial Status – 2022

The preliminary/unaudited figures for 2022 indicate operational support income of $786,072.

For 2022, there were total expenses of $553,501. Therefore, there was a $223,021 operational support gain recognized by the Fisher/Nightingale Houses, Inc.

The organization regularly purchased items in support of the Fisher House guests such as Visa cards to purchase food for the guests, cable/internet/DirecTV, taxi service for the Dayton VA guests and bottled water services to support the house operations. When the Fisher Houses were full, the FNHI also paid for overflow guests in Wright-Patt Billeting, the Hope Hotel or local hotels. The organization also proffered gifts directly to the U.S. Government for the operations of the Houses such as air purifiers, a standby cell phone and grill for the Wright-Patt Fisher Houses, landscaping services at all three Fisher House locations and storage of furniture items during the renovations of Wright-Patt Fisher House I plus air duct cleaning (following renovations) and furniture and décor items (again, following the renovations). In addition, the organization donated $100,000 to the Fisher House Foundation, helping to “pay it forward” for the future Lexington KY Fisher House.

Note: Final/audited 2022 figures will be provided and posted to our website once the formal audit is concluded in the Fall of 2023.

Fisher-Nightingale Houses, Inc. Financial Status – 2021

In October 2022, the Fisher/Nightingale Houses, Inc. received the final evaluation of the 2021 financial reports audited by Brady Ware & Scoenfeld.

» Program expenses for 2021 were identified as $501,871 (or 94.06% of total expenses). The Better Business Bureau (BBB) standard is that the organization must obligate at least 65% of its expenses to the Program expense area.

» Fund-raising expenses for 2021 were identified as $9,549 (or 1.79% of total expenses) and Administrative expenses for 2021 were identified as $22,121 (or 4.15% of total expenses) for a total expense of $31,670 (or 5.94% of total expenses). The BBB standard is that the organization must obligate no more than 35% of its expenses to Fund-raising and Administrative expense areas.

» As a percentage of income, fund-raising and administrative expenses were 3.13%.

» Income for 2021 was identified as $1,010,348 (unrestricted).  Total operating expenses for 2021 were $533,541, reflecting a total surplus in 2021 of $476,807 (ending net assets of the Fisher/Nightingale Houses, Inc. were $3,950,048).

Note:  The complete 2021 Audit and 2021 IRS Form 990 are available for review below.

Financial Documents


2023 Annual Report


2022 Annual Report

2022 990 Form


2021 Financial Audit

2021 990 Form


2020 990 Form

2019 990 Form

IRS 501c3 Letter